Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Technology in my Elementary Classroom

Well, going doing the classroom technology inventory awakened me to the reality of most schools. There is little technology immediately available in the classroom--only a TV, CD players, and an overhead projector. There are a few Elmos and video projectors that may be checked out. There is also a computer lab and the students attend the class twice a week for a couple of months. However, they have barely any software, mostly just Microsoft Office. They use the internet on the computers quite frequently. The main purpose of the computers is testing purposes. Both these computers and some laptops help test the students twice a year.

I love learning about the fun ways to use technology in the classroom during this class. However, with the lack of resources, it will be a challenge to implement. It will be good for me to incorporate technology in a setting with fewer resources.

I also completed the mid-course evaluation and consent form.

1 comment:

  1. Marissa,

    That's hard. I have taught in schools like that. I know teachers who have actually spent hundreds of their own dollars to buy technology for their students to use. Remember that you can checkout technology.

    Jered

    ReplyDelete